Below are some FAQs about open enrollment, please review them for very important information!
1. What benefits may I change?
You may make changes to your Health, Dental, Vision, and other Supplemental Benefits including Flexible spending accounts for Medical and Dental.
2. What type of changes are allowed during open enrollment?
- Change your plan
- Change your level of coverage
- Add or remove dependents
- Waive/cancel your plan enrollment
3. When will my payroll deductions start for the new elections?
Most benefits are paid in advance, so your first payroll deduction will start with your September 30th paycheck. Some exceptions may apply.
4. Have the health insurance offerings changed for CCPS employees for the upcoming plan year?
Yes, CCPS will no longer offer the Key Advantage Expanded plan. Beginning October 1, 2019 plan year, CCPS will offer Key Advantage 250, Key Advantage 500, and High Deductible Health Plan.
5. Have the health insurance rates changed for CCPS employees for the upcoming plan year?
Yes, the rates for the health insurance plans have increased.
6. If I do not want any changes, do I need to complete a health insurance application?
CCPS is requiring all employees to complete a new health insurance application for the 2020 plan year in order to ensure all employees are aware of the changes that CCPS is implementing to the health insurance plans offered to employees.
7.) Is there assistance provided in completing the application?
Mark III enrollers will be at school sites during the week of August 19, 2019 to August 23, 2019. Please see the information below as to when the representative will be at each of the school locations and school board office. Transportation, Maintenance and Food Service employees may attend any location as fits with their schedule and/or drop-off/work locations.
- August 19, 2019 – Lewis and Clark Elementary (8:30 to 12:00, 1:00 to 4:00)
- August 20, 2019 – School Board and Madison Elementary (8:30 to 12:00, 1:00 to 4:00)
- August 21, 2019 – Caroline Middle (7:30 to 11:30, 12:30 to 3:30)
- August 22, 2019 – Caroline High (7:30 to 11:30, 12:30 to 3:30)
- August 23, 2019 – Bowling Green Elementary (8:30 to 12:00, 1:00 to 4:00)