Open enrollment for all insurances starts August 1, 2018. Stay tuned….
The Division offers a comprehensive health benefits program through The Local Choice, managed by
the Virginia Department of Human Resources. The program includes Health Insurance, administered by Anthem, Blue Cross and Blue Shield; Dental Insurance, administered by Delta Dental; Vision Insurance, administered by Blue View Vision; and, Prescription Drug coverage through Express Scripts. Special Programs such as Employee Assistance, Future Moms and Live Health Online are included with the health plans. Eligible employees may select from 3 plans and 4 levels of coverage.
VRS Member News
The May 2018 issue of VRS Member News is now available.
To view previous months and the full version of this month’s VRS Member News, please visit www.varetire.org/members/newsletters/index.asp
In This Edition
- Tips for Saving From VRS Retirees
- VRS Quick Notes: How to Find Out What Plan You’re In
- Getting Ready to Retire: VRS Can Help With That
- Plan for the Unplanned With an Emergency Account
- 2018 Legislative Summary
- PLOP Facts…Continued
- Hybrid Retirement Plan Members: Voluntary Contributions Can Increase Savings Over Time
- Don’t Fall for Unsolicited Retirement Counseling Services
- Save More Using Catch-Up Options in Your 457 Plan
- FAQ: Whom Do I Contact to Update Information in My Account?
To receive your Member News directly, subscribe at: http://www.varetire.org/newsletter
Login to your account today to view your personal account information at www.varetire.org.
The Local Choice
Health Insurance (Includes Dental and Vision)
Stand Alone Dental Plan (this form is not necessary if you are enrolling in the health plan)
Mark III Employee Benefits
Plans included are:
Flexible Spending Accounts
Aflac Critical Illness
Aflac Hospital Indemnity
American United Life
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Texas Life (Whole Life)